How to Call When Rule in an Activity Stage in PEGA?
When rules can be called in an activity at each and every step.
- Step Beginning.
- Step End.
Per each step we can call at least one when condition before step and/or after step.
We can call when condition at “When” Before Step and/or At “JUMP” After step.
We just need to click on When or Jump and choose the when condition rule.
There are multiple options provided to choose appropriate action after the condition is executed.
If the conditon is true or false we can choose below actions.
- Continue Whens : It will proceed executing further when conditions, if no when conditions available further, it will execute step.
- Skip Whens : It will skip execution of further when conditions and proceed with executing step.
- Jump to Later Step : This requires a label to be specified. And execution jumps to labelled step.
- Skip Step : It ignores the execution current step.
- Exit Activity : It exists the current activity at current step. Further steps will not be executed.
- Exit Iteration : While looping it will exit out of current iteration.
Step Status of Activity Steps
PRPC records the status of each and every step that is executed as part of activity processing.
Status will be assigned to an OOTB property “pxMethodStatus”.
Below are possible status values of Activity steps.
- Goodwarn etc…
PRPC provides OOTB when Condtion to identify step status at run time.
- StepStatusFail : This returns true when the step status is failed. pxMethodStatus Property value is FAIL. Other than this it returns false.